Monday, February 21, 2005

The Hillbilly Heroin Homeboy Is Going to Afghanistan?

Rush Limbaugh is headed for Afghanistan! I'm slow, I guess, since this story was on Reuters on February 18, 2005, but the fact that I had not heard it makes me wonder if this was not something the administration wanted publicized at its onset. I wonder what the reasons might be? Is he going to score some dope?

The Reuters story also mentions that Mary Matalin will be on the same sortie in order to see with her own eyes how the situation for women has improved in Afghanistan. May I suggest sending her alone, in a burka, to some remote village in the hinterland for a few weeks? As impartial an observer as I am sure she is, she won't want her experience to be tainted by handlers or photo-op situations, right?

Wait! This just in--Afghan officials are protesting Limbaugh's presence as a potential threat to the year's poppy production. Spokesman Khan Karmad Aboussi said, "Have you seen the size of that guy? He's a dope dealer's dream! But I don't want him loose around here!"

No comments: