Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tom DeLay: We Want YOU to Be the Enduring Symbol of the Republican Party

Tom "Giant Flying Cockroach" DeLay has got it all wrong. He thinks the Democrats want to take him down. Well, maybe they do, I don't know. I'm a registered independent and no longer privy to the inner councils of either party (that's a joke). It's reported by the Associated Press that the Republican spin on the Cockroach's troubles is the following:
One Republican said the Texan referred to a "mammoth operation" funded by Democratic supporters and designed to destroy him as a symbol of the Republican majority.
I can't speak for the Democrats, to be sure, but let me make my position absolutely clear: I want Tom DeLay to be the eternal and ubiquitous face of the Republican Party forevermore, no matter what he has done and no matter what happens. I think they should just replace the elephant with DeLay's cheery mug. I like this one. And then there's this one.

True Republicans will get this one tattooed in a special place. That way there will be no mistaking the hard-corps, right-wing, rapture-ready theocratic Republicans from the weak sisters who aren't ready to don their black shirts and smash the Constitution.

No comments: