Tuesday, January 20, 2009

At Least a Classy Exit

Although I may be a monster to some for my criticism of the Bush presidency, I have to give props to President Bush for a smooth transition and a very classy speech to his followers in Midland, Texas, today. It doesn't negate what has gone before, but he deserves respect for understanding the importance to our republic that the transition of power go smoothly, and that his successor may well determine his final legacy.

And now a new era begins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. A new circus begins. When do you think the weight of hope will outweigh the sandbag of cynicism? I'm glad, but I just don't know.

Olaf said...

Let's hope that hope pays off. I'm tired of being cynical, and of watching progressives/liberals give up without a fight. I would like to see true progress in raising all people up to share in all that this country can create, and also to see the country become all that its people can make it. This country needs every single citizen, and I hope we can create a country where all feel privileged to have their citizenship.

Stay focused, stay tuned, and stay loose.