Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thank You, Dr. Dean


Those of us on the left owe a great ovation to Dr. Howard Dean who ran for president in 2004 and has since been the Democratic National Committee chair. Dr. Dean insisted on a 50-state strategy for the DNC, doing grassroots operations everywhere, rather than simply focusing on states that typically are in contention. His insistence on building left-looking organizations in every single state is largely responsible for the impressive results of this past election.

I had the privilege of seeing Dr. Dean in person in our part of the country, and my friend MB got her picture taken with him, which is tres cool. Dr. Dean is a genuinely warm, smart, and determined individual, and as he leaves the DNC chair, I hope all who celebrate the change in our country's direction will remember to thank Dr. Dean for his savvy, skill, and foresight. He's made this a better place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed! I still keep that picture on my fridge to remind myself how awesome he is!

Olaf said...

And to remind yourself how awesome YOU are!