Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Happy Day


This is my favorite image of Barack Obama so far, as a teacher. After eight years of an administration rife with dark ignorance and stupefying incompetence driven by batshit ideology, the country desperately needs a president who can, and desires to, explain and illuminate the way ahead.

As for the reports of the rifts in the McCain/Palin camps regarding her astonishing ignorance, appalling temperament, and skanky behavior, I'll leave that to Fox to elucidate.

And then there's the towel story.

I don't know if these are true or mainly attempts to divert blame from McCain for choosing so, so badly, his running mate, but either way, it reveals how fractured and vicious the Republican party is. Thank your lucky stars that enough people in this country finally woke up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture! Oh, happy day!!! I'm still celebrating!!!

I didn't get a chance to talk with you on election night, but I wanted to thank YOU Olaf for keeping me sane for the past eight years with your great conversations and blogs. You're a genius, and I'm glad you're my friend.

cb

Olaf said...

You bring tears to my eyes. Thank you for your kindness and friendship. I wish we were not so far apart. Face to face is so much better than telephone. Love is a great connector in any case.

Anonymous said...

I love you too! Yay! Love!

Olaf said...

Indeed! Love, love, love...

Anonymous said...

Well, I just noticed that his chalkboard says, "Relationships Built on Self-Interest: Corp, Banks, ...." Can't read the rest. Ha! Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

I really think it might say "GOP." Seriously!!!

:)

cb