Saturday, February 03, 2007

Please, Somebody, Save Me from Myself!


I've always had a touch of madness, but none so worrisome as my fetish for certain things French, and the main one among them (gasp!) is the Citroen DS automobile model made in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s. Last summer in Berlin I came face-to-face with a few, and to say that my heart nearly burst for the beauty and absolute unattainability of these gorgeous beasts is an understatement. I did indeed grow faint at one point and had to sit on a kerb simply drinking in the incredible lines of the sheet metal arcing like a haughty Gaelic sneer from bumper to bumper.

Then I saw one on my home streets last week. And now I find that there are some real Citroen nuts not so far away in California, and a whole subculture of Citroen freaks.

What am I to do? Please, please, please help me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you actually think that car is stylish? I would hate to see your wife.

Anonymous said...

SO, anon, who is the one filled with hate on this blog?

Olaf said...

Attacking my wife is as low as it goes. She does not necessarily share my views or endorse what I write. Leave her out of it, unless you are so utterly bankrupt of ideas, manners, and decency that you are congenitally incapable of engaging in adult discourse.

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!!! Olaf's wife is totally hot!!!!
cb

Anonymous said...

...and I mean mad, wicked hot...
cb

CaptainZen said...

I was the lucky owner of some of these shark modeled beauties and never did I have a better car in my life. Rolls Royce and Mercedes bought the superior suspension system as they said, we make the best cars, if some one comes up with something better we must have it. I drove from Amsterdam to Rome in Italy and to Athene in Greece, with almost no stops as the car does not make you tired. A dream machine indeed