Thursday, October 27, 2005

Prediction

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. Here goes: Patrick Fitzgerald's real goal in his investigation will go to the absolute heart of the runup to the invasion of Iraq and key in on the forged Niger uranium documents to determine who forged them. Mr. Fitzgerald is going to rock the Chimpie administration like a Richter Scale 10 'quake would rock San Francisco. When he gets to the bottom of the forgery, it is going to land right smack in Dick Cheney's lap, aided and abetted by Rove, with Bush's knowledge and consent.

They're all going to be royally fucked...by their own goddamned criminality.

Hooray. Too bad the cost had to be so high before the people get it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olaf, you really think this is it, or is it too optimistic? Perhaps I am too pessimistic as I've seen charade after charade, through what appears to me as a glorious ability to use sleight of hand that seems to work, despite its obvious lack of evidence. I guess my question might be this: A majority (perhaps) of the public seems to have been impervious to evidence. Is this going to change?

Neil Shakespeare said...

Well Fitzgerald certainly must be wondering about those bogus docs and certainly had to have looked into it. Must be damn fascinating for him. It's not bit beyond the pale for Cheney to have said something to Libby like: "Get me some paper! Anything! We'll make it work, whatever it is!" Or even: "Forge some shit! Make it hop a few continents." Twouldn't surprise me a bit. Should be interesting. And you have to wonder about the grand jury members, if they're privy to shit like this, what THEY must be thinking!

Olaf said...

My belief is that they really thought they had it all covered when Ashcroft was Attorney General, and figured that any investigation would be buried. But then Ashcroft saw how corrupt, utterly corrupt the Cheney-Rumsfeld axis was and he freaked and recused himself from the investigation. When Fitzgerald got appointed, I think that that was something the Bushits would not have imagined, and that is why this is all coming out.

Fitzgerald is hunting some very, very big game here, and I think it will lead to impeachment, indictment for crimes in the US and ultimately crimes against humanity.

Stay hopeful. Stay tuned.

Anonymous said...

I shall stay hopeful, and stay tuned. But if...if...this is it...then what? Oh, boy, this is too big for my meager mind...

Anonymous said...

YAY! Impeach! Impeach!