Monday, January 07, 2008

Uh, I Think It's Snowing

Two hours to shovel out the driveway and cut a path for the mail carrier, but under a clear blue sky. Then Dorothy and I went for a lovely walk, or rather, I walked and Dorothy porpoised, occasionally coming up for air. Ain't she cute?

Tomorrow is the New Hampshire primary, but why should it matter? Until the lobbyists have a fire hose turned on them, flushing them out of the Capitol, it'll be politics as usual. We are a corporation, not a country, and the hope of Obama or the experience of Hilary, or the battle-tested courtroom skills of Edwards won't make a damn difference. Add onto that that ABC banned Dennis Kucinich from a Democratic debate and Fox News (sic) banned Ron Paul from that of the Republicans, and the idea of a marketplace of ideas, free and fair elections, blah, blah, blah, just gets pounded further into dust. We don't even get a chance to hear views that don't fit into a narrow and mistaken idea of what America could be.

I'm cold and tired, so I ain't got more to say at the moment. I'm just going to enjoy Dorothy's adorability.

2 comments:

Ninja Chef said...

Quite adorable. Happy New Year, Olaf. May this one be as ridiculous as last...DDG

Olaf said...

I have no doubt that this will be a great year for bitter laughter and black humor. This farcical presidential election is shaping up to be quite the howler. And I can't wait to see the Olympics in China, which is the dream capitalist state in its perfect blend of totalitarianism and total worker powerlessness.

I love 2008 already!