Thursday, December 21, 2006

Now This Is a Xmas Present!

For a Cold War nut like me, the imminent declassification of government documents about our own version of the Stasi--J. Edgar Hoover's FBI--is going to be the best Christmas present ever!
At midnight on Dec. 31, hundreds of millions of pages of secret documents will be instantly declassified, including many FBI cold war files on investigations of people suspected of being Communist sympathizers. After years of extensions sought by federal agencies behaving like college students facing a term paper, the end of 2006 means the government’s first automatic declassification of records.
Not that everything will be made available, of course.

The F.B.I., by contrast, negotiated an exemption from the 1995 executive order and concluded last year that the 2003 executive order ended its special status. It has rushed to review material, seeking exemption for 50 million pages on intelligence, counterintelligence and terrorism, but leaving 270 million pages to be automatically declassified now.

Among those files, said David M. Hardy, the bureau declassification chief, are those on investigations of Americans with suspected ties to the Communist Party. Reviewers will keep working on the exempt material to see what can be released, but it is a slow process, Mr. Hardy said.

It's a pretty good start, considering that some NSA and CIA documents will also be released. There will be some big holes, no doubt, and I'll wager that most of them will have less to do with protecting actual techniques and technologies than preventing embarrassment of still living politicians and bureaucrats.

Dr. Kissinger--if you're reading this, you may want to get down to the Bush family ranch in Paraguay while you still can.

11 comments:

Caffeine Jen said...

Merry Christmas, Olaf! Check this shit out:

http://christianparty.net/feminism.htm

You too, MB!

-Hetero Girl Raised By Homosexual Moms

Anonymous said...

wow, thanks jen, that's a real eye opener!

I was going to thank Olaf for the underreported good news of the big upcoming document declassification, but apparently I've been woefully misinformed about feminism all these years.

Thank christianparty, otherwise i could still be in danger!

I had no idea that "Feminazis are Jews", but it's such a powerful warning -- how come the liberal media doesn't report this? "What is wrong with American men today that they don't see the tragedies set in motion by giving women legal rights?" Indeed, the page sites 670,000 male suicides as having been directly caused by feminism. Where's the outrage?

Christian Men! Now is not the time for thought, nor debate... the FemiJews are destroying are purity while we stand about with eyes wide shut!

Wake up before it's too late!!

MB, I demand an apology. And stay away from my family!

Merry Christmas jen, and GOD BLESS YOUR KIND AND WISE HEART.

and Sorry to see your political movement past it's peak, accelerating into a crash and burn into irrelevency as America wakes up to the utter absurdity of your hateful ideological turd-posts.

(ah what a world...)

Anonymous said...

Dusty...it's okay. I am pretty sure Jen is on our side. Besides, the web page is only partly right. I don't need to tell you that the Jews are responsible for all the world's problems. The feminists are just a subfaction...

The fem-jew alliance pales in comparison to the threat we face from the homosexual agenda.

Olaf said...

Omigod! I'm my own worst enemy. As a feminist male I am like a Jewish Nazi, simultaneously subverting myself while trying to drive myself to suicide.

How do I make it stop? Can you Xtians save my sorry ass?

Oh, and Happy Festivus, the holiday for the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! We're doomed! Maybe Justin Timberlake can help us.

http://thesuperficial.com/2006/12/justin_timberlake_wants_to_giv.html

Then again, he's probably just waiting to off himself. He'll learn the truth soon enough, and close the lid on that box...HARD!

Anonymous said...

http://thesuperficial.com/2006/12/
justin_timberlake_wants_to_giv.html

Anonymous said...

ahhh mb,
I sense your sarcasm, but you really have no idea what we homos have in store for the rest of you. Do you think that all of us lesbians drive around in our trucks donning men's clothing and a conspicuous lack of make-up just because that’s the style we like? Do you think gay men pop their collars and sport faux-hawks because it looks good? No. Such things are done because they hold secret meaning to which no hetero is privileged. We are constantly planning and plotting our agenda through our subversive means of non-verbal communication (our plan is so big, so extreme, that we cannot possibly risk uttering a word of it aloud until the time comes). Even Falwell and Dobson don’t know how truly scared they should be. So, your sarcasm aside, you are right--the FemiJews certainly have nothing on us...

Olaf said...

Thank heavens for my inner lesbian! That will be all that can save me.

Anonymous said...

well, if jen's on our side, than lets hope my final paragraph (about the movement having peaked) proves untrue. I dunno...

all the rest stands, minus the invisible daggars.

(and sorry about the invisible daggars, jen)

happy x-mas, all!

ps. MB pointed out that i am, in fact, jewish -- and perhaps feministic as well. I took that as her heartfelt apology and I accept.

One big happy family again

Anonymous said...

Shababbadeaux,

It won't be long now before I crack the homo code and reveal your plot to the world. Mwaa ha ha!

Dusty, I believe I said "you are just as guilty as the rest of us." Hardly an apology.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Dusty, I suppose I'll forgive you for the invisible daggers - they appear to have done no lasting harm.

I am, of course, on "your side". Duh. (Scotchyogi is over my shoulder, bitching about my grammar.)

I merely wanted to share my outrage with a site so over-the-top I'm still surprised it's not a joke. He (probably a he) has got a phone number posted in the contacts section of the site...we could all call him and wish him a merry Christmas and thank him for the amazing, fanatical work.

Anyway, Merry Holidays!