Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bolton Is Bush's Middle Finger to the World

So Chimpie did what he is legal entitled to do and after stonewalling the Senate on requests for information on John Bolton, the screeching ape of American diplomacy was appointed as ambassador to the United Nations. As a classic stonewaller in his own right, Bolton is considered by the Chimpster to be his perfect expression of contempt for the UN. Here's an example of Bolton's diplomatic finesse.
Mr. Bolton proceeded to chase me through the halls of a Russian hotel -- throwing things at me, shoving threatening letters under my door and, generally, behaving like a madman. For nearly two weeks, while I awaited fresh direction from my company and from US AID, John Bolton hounded me in such an appalling way that I eventually retreated to my hotel room and stayed there. Mr. Bolton, of course, then routinely visited me there to pound on the door and shout threats.

When US AID asked me to return to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan in advance of assuming leadership of a project in Kazakstan, I returned to my project to find that John Bolton had proceeded me by two days. Why? To meet with every other AID team leader as well as US foreign-service officials in Bishkek, claiming that I was under investigation for misuse of funds and likely was facing jail time. As US AID can confirm, nothing was further from the truth.
But what the hell--that's water under the bridge, right? As venal, pathologically cruel, and fratboyishly prankish as Chimpie is, there may be method to his madness in picking Bolton and placing him under the control of proven liar and incompetent Condoleeza Rice, now Secretary of State. Rice, who will do anything to keep Chimpie in power, has a perfect hitman in Bolton, who, I have a feeling, may be the first member of the UN to kill another member on the floor of the General Assembly.

Then there's the little detail of Bolton's possible involvement in the Rove/Plame Treasongate matter. Bolton was a prime force in pushing the Niger uranium story, and an action like that taken by Joseph Wilson must have had Bolton shitting on his desk and throwing the feces against the office walls. Once described by a former colleage as a "quintessential kiss-up, kick-down sort of guy," he can be trusted to destroy anyone who threatens the Chimpie imperial throne while simultaneously sucking the asses of Rice, Cheney, Rove and the monkey-boy himself just the way they like it done, and he'll discreetly wipe his mouth when he's finished, lest he stain his pushbroom 'stasche from it's nicely bleached semen color.

The reasons to be proud to be an American just keep on coming.

No comments: