Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Reverend Jerry Improves

Big surprise. (See previous post.) Guess he wasn't willing to go all the way when it became apparent that the media circus's main ring would still have Terri Schiavo at the center. And while El Presidente Bushit is staying as far away from the busted ghoul festival of the Republican religious nuts, he did manage this:
Falwell, who was admitted late Monday, heard from President Bush, who wished him well, a spokesman for Lynchburg General Hospital said at a news briefing. Details of the phone call were not released.
Here's an imagined dialogue in the absence of the real thing.

Bush: Jerry, this is the president.
Falwell: Sir!
Bush: Are you going to be a good soldier for God?
Falwell: Sir?
Bush: We've got a little problem that I thought you were helping with.
Falwell: Sir?
Bush: Every god damn time I turn on the TV that Terri Sch...Scha...Schiv...that woman is all over the damned place, and that fucker Randall Terry is making us all look like nuts. You think that helps me?
Falwell: I don't have any control over him, Sir.
Bush: Don't give me that shit, you sumbitch. You get on the horn right now and tell him and all them other sumbitches to clam the fuck up.
Falwell: Uh...
Bush: You call those fanatics and get them with the program or I'll come down there and rip that fucking ventilator out of your throat myself. Either they stop or you go back to dying. Got it?
Falwell: I'm, uh, off the ventilator.
Bush: That's what you think, you fat dickwad. It's you or them, J-boy, you or them.

No comments: