Monday, January 05, 2009

I Think Something May Be Wrong with Our Water Supply

Happy New Year and welcome to Otto, the newest addition to the Rotkohl household. We adopted him--he'd been dumped, apparently--and now he's fattened up, denutted (so he can't reproduce), and totally at home. I've not really been a cat person, so I have been amused at how he just came in and took over, compared to doggy Dorothy who has remained obedient, deferential, and loyal to a fault. And yes, the two tolerate one another quite nicely, although Dorothy occasionally annoys Otto by trampling him in her enthusiasm to go for a walk.

What, you say, no snarky or rage-filled diatribes? Not today. I feel mellow (it may be the single-malt I sipped for a while). Take it while you can get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice kitty! I'm glad you're a dual cat/dog person now. It's better not to discriminate.