Thursday, February 22, 2007

Not Worth the Mud Clogged in Harry's Boots


Unlike one "head of state" and his deranged veep who weasled their way through their military obligations when other young men and women were dying in the jungles of Vietnam in their stead, young Prince Harry understands the meaning of duty, comradeship, and leadership. Even as the British are winding down their involvement in this fiasco, this royal son will not shirk the service that no one would blame him for avoiding at this point. And one thing is for sure--Harry won't be stuffing socks into his crotch while playing dress-up warrior.

My hat's off to you son. Stay safe. Our "commander in chief" isn't fit to carry your dirty socks.

2 comments:

Ninja Chef said...

I want a vote. Is this the single most embarrassing moment in US history? Are there others that come close? I'd pity the fool if he was not the leader of the so-called free world. What PR idiot did not realize how unbelievably antiquated John-Wayne-artificial-masculinity this would look? On that note, Olaf, Jackson Katz is going to be in your neighborhood giving free talks if you didn't already know.

Olaf said...

I vote with you, DDG. I'm not a US history scholar, but in my 50+ years on the planet, this is the most embarassing moment I can think of. As for the preceding 175 years, has any president ever made such a monumental laughingstock of himself?

I see that Mr. Katz will be here in April. I will definitely put that on the calendar. Thanks for the heads-up.