Monday, September 12, 2005

Nothing to See Here, Folks. Move Along.

No tinfoil hats here, no, no, no. I am not saying that there is anything funny going on at all. It's all just the normal course of business.
At least two major corporate clients of lobbyist Joe Allbaugh, President Bush's former campaign manager and a former head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, have already been tapped to start recovery work along the battered Gulf Coast.

One is Shaw Group Inc. (Research) and the other is Halliburton Co. (Research) subsidiary Kellogg Brown and Root. Vice President Dick Cheney is a former head of Halliburton.
There is absolutely nothing odd here. Just because the Department of Defense under then-Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney in 1991 underwent massive privatization which primarily benefitted Halliburton after the Cheney-championed Iraq War in 2003, there is absolutely no reason to think that there's a pattern here. Just because Joseph Allbaugh oversaw the essential internal destruction of FEMA during his tenure in the Bush administration, and then became a lobbyist for Halliburton, there is no connection there.

No, no, no. No corruption here. Just business as usual. Business as usual. Business as usual.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olaf,
Why the change in tone? When I subscribed to Rotkohl Readers, I was promised a daily full-on rant! Mild sarcasm I can get elsewhere for less. Just you wait till 1 October 2005, when I and your other reader(s) will be giving you what for, on Olaf Feedback Day. In other news, government censorship forced me to quit my job as Associated Press headline writer today. Don't know if you're aware how pervasive headline censorship has become. Today was the last straw, when I saw my headline shortened to "Baby Born to Brain-Dead Va. Woman Dies." The full headline is "Baby Born to Brain-Dead Va. Woman Dies; Mom Tapped to Head Federal Agency." Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I don't have time to read everything on here today, but.... I want a t-shirt that says:

"If you don't poke holes in your potatoes, then the terrorists win."

seriously, need that on a sweatshirt! I'm desperate for something to help keep my sanity :)


somebody

Olaf said...

Well, exploding potatoes are something none of us should have to tolerate.

Thanks for your comment. See you on Americablog!